Most of the time, integrations go off without a hitch. To be 100% confident you’re tracking and crediting affiliates properly, let’s run a test order.
Important Note: If you're utilizing our Amazon integration, then please note that placing a test order is not necessary. If your Amazon products have been synced with your Refersion account, then you should be all set. Please feel free to email [email protected] if you have additional questions
Follow the steps below or watch a short demo video:
1. Open your Refersion Dashboard.
(If you encounter any trouble, try a Private or Incognito browser.)
2. Click Perform Test Order and select the Test Affiliate (you!) link from the drop-down list.
3. Click Get Test Link.
Note: Test orders always show up as pending so you can easily deny the commission.
4. Right-click on Go To Link and Select Open Link in Incognito Window (to avoid any trouble with cookies).
5. Click OK from within the success message.
6. Place an actual order from your shop. You can create a 100% off discount for this order in your store, if you like.
Note: For BigCommerce, Chargebee and Stripe, you'll need to create a 99% off coupon instead.
For WooCommerce merchants: Once you complete your test order, you must also mark it “Completed” within WooCommerce, otherwise it won’t record in Refersion.
Click Manage > Conversions and behold your very first conversion. ✨
Cool. The test checked out. You’re nowready to launch your affiliate marketing program, and land many, many more conversions.
Note: It may take up to 10 minutes for the conversion to show up. If it’s been an hour or more, chat with us in-app, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and we’ll be happy to help!
Next up: Launch your program