While we can’t give legal advice, we can give you some guidelines. We’ll also look at some examples to help you get a sense for what others are doing.
Once you have an idea of the info you want to capture, then we highly recommend working with an attorney for drafting and review.
📍 Where we are in the app: Account > Settings > Program Terms & Privacy
This content is part of your affiliate registration. Out in the wild, this would be your affiliate application. Here’s an example from Steve Madden’s Ambassador Program. They have a link at the bottom of the page, and they’ve also included a checkbox for applicants on their registration page to confirm they’v read and will be bound to the terms and conditions.
The page on the other end of the link is this one, pictured below:
When it’s time to add the content to your application
The first thing you’ll want to do before you add your program terms and privacy is review your standard offer. The commission amount you’re about to advertise will reflect and legally bind you to it, so let’s make sure it’s the right amount:
- Go to: Manage > Offers
- Click on the default offer
Note: Your default commission is set to 10%.
- From the Offer page, review, make any necessary changes, and click Save Changes.
If you need to brush up on Offers, check out How To Create and Edit Offers. We recommend keeping them simple when you’re getting started.
Once that’s set, go to Account > Settings > Program Terms & Privacy
Here, you’ll see two fields to input your unique terms and policies.
- Both fields support basic HTML markup if it makes your input easier.
- You can also change the formatting to highlight headers and important info throughout. (Some brands go with ALL CAPS, bold and underlined subheadings to make it easier for applicants to scan).
- You also have the option of adding links and images.